Are you planning to change home insurance? To proceed with the termination of your home insurance with ease, conditions are to be met, so that the transaction will win for you. We explain how to terminate your home insurance in a few simple steps.
Read also : APL first job: know everything
- Hamon law and home insurance
- When to terminate your home insurance
- How to act the termination of a contract home insurance
- A simple procedure to terminate your home insurance contracts
- Additional terms and conditions for termination of home insurance ; home insurance
Plan de l'article
Hamon law and home insurance
One may want to terminate your home insurance contract for several reasons. A move, a more advantageous offer at another insurer… If your home insurance contract arrives at due date and you did not really ask yourself the question, be aware that you are under no circumstances obliged to renew your home insurance contract with the same insurer.
Article L113-15-2 of the Insurance Code authorizes any insured person to resort to the termination of his home insurance contract at any time. Since the Hamon law and the implementing decree came into force on January 1, 2015, the termination of home insurance has been much simpler. However, certain conditions must be met in order to initiate the termination of your home insurance. In particular, you must have subscribed to your home insurance policy for at least 1 year .
You may like : Tout savoir sur la location de local commercial
When to terminate home insurance
Not everyone knows: your insurer must inform you 15 days before your contract expires (the date anniversary of the signing of the contract home insurance), the possibility of terminating your home insurance contract.
In the event that your insurer does not fulfill this duty, you have an additional 20 days to contact the service and request the termination of your home insurance contract.
In addition to this anniversary date, you can terminate your home insurance policy at any time, provided that you comply with the notice and the terms stipulated in your contract at the time of signing it.
How to Actate the Termination of a Home Insurance Contract
To stay a winner in your termination process, here are the steps to follow and steps to terminate your home insurance policy:
- You can terminate your home insurance contract with your current insurer at any time, that your contract has at least one year of seniority .
- You must comply with the terms of termination stipulated in your contract by your insurer.
- You must make your request to the cancellation service by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt . This mail is paramount.
- You must adhere to the notice deadlines.
The registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt is an imperative. Indeed, the postmark of the Post Office is authentic on a letter and on any mail. This administrative letter informs at a given date of the wish to terminate your home insurance contract. The change of situation cannot be effective without the sending of this registered mail.
A simple procedure to terminate your housing insurance contracts
If the termination of housing insurance contracts is now simplified for the individual, it is strictly regulated by law so that everyone can find their account there, including your insurer. Compliance with notice is part of the prerequisites to be respected.
You may want to terminate home insurance to save money, make an opinion or simply by convenience or choice. Insurers are on the page: it is possible to make pre-applications online before sending a registered letter that will accompany the termination of your home insurance.
The simplification of the procedures is favourable to the insured. Any insured person with one year of commitment to his assets can therefore, since 1 January 2015 (decree published in the Official Journal on 31 December 2014), terminate his home insurance contract in a free manner, without fear of penalty or without having to provide a justifying reason his choice.
Additional Terms of Termination of Home Insurance
- Your termination is effective 30 days after receipt of the registered mail specifying the request for termination of home insurance.
- Any insurance contract and notice of the expiry of a premium or contribution must indicate the right to termination by the insured
- If you are wondering what amounts will be due from the receipt of the registered mail: you only have to pay the premium portion that corresponds to the period during which the risk is covered.
- Good to know : your insurer has 30 days to repay the sums or balance due after termination of the home insurance contract.
For policyholders who are tenants, it is important to know that you cannot claim your right to terminate if you do not provide proof in return. This proof indicates that you do have a new rental liability insurance .
You’re an owner ? In the case of PNO (non-occupier) insurance, you can quite request to terminate your home insurance contract by letter. Upon receipt of this letter, the insurance will in turn send you a notice of termination, on which a right to reimbursement must be included .