Going abroad for a trip requires a lot of preparation beforehand, if only for paperwork. Moreover, some of these steps require a time ahead of time. Here is a three-step approach to properly prepare for your stay abroad.
Preparation of important documents
Also to be seen : What to visit in Buenos Aires ?
The first document you need to have on hand is the passport. It must be valid for 3 to 6 months after the return date you have considered. Pay attention to the delay of biometric passports. It is often 4 weeks minimum. Passport applications are made by appointment, which you can take on the official website of the public service.
You must then switch to the Visa. The fees and delivery terms vary by destination. You must then inquire beforehand in the institutions concerned. In some countries, visa is obtained upon arrival at the airport. By the way, tariffs are sometimes interesting. Distrust, these “on arrival” visas are sometimes issued only at major airports. Inquire about a travel blog can be very interesting to avoid unpleasant surprises.
Also to be discovered : Hot air balloon flights: 4 important things to know absolutely !
As for the national driving licence, it is still valid in all countries of the European Union and in the European Economic Area. It should be noted that the international permit is not necessarily necessary in countries outside Europe. However, inquiries must be obtained from the embassy or consulate concerned.
It should be noted that abroad, the international permit is valid only in the presence of the national permit.
You also need to prepare your health documents.
- From the International Immunization Log, issued by the vaccinations institute or by your doctor
- European health insurance card for a trip to Europe
- Prescriptions that justify the medical treatment you carry in your suitcases
- From your health book, especially for young passengers
When traveling, remember to always have a copy of all your documents about you. The ideal is to store them on a “cloud” or in a mailbox. In case of loss, they will be easier to recover. For example, to make it simple, you can take a photo of your passport as well as your ticket bookings. You can access it without internet connection.
If you are unsure that you can access the documents on your phone during the trip, you must provide printed copies of your ID and other important documents.
Preparation of payments
You need to have an idea of the payment method you will use during your travels. The best solution still remains cash payment. Moreover, euros are easily traded anywhere in the world.
However, you can pay by card:
- Visa card: to use it you must have an international card in the European Union and outside the EU zone. Consider checking its expiration date, if you are planning a long trip. If necessary, apply to your banker to increase the withdrawals and payments limits before leaving.
- Revolut Card: This card has a multi-currency electronic wallet, which makes it interesting.
Finally, you will need to ensure the smooth running of your automatic debit before your departure. Think to settle them during your absence. At the same time, you will need to suspend your sports club subscriptions as well as all packages that do not serve you during your stay abroad.
Preparation of insurance
For a stay in Europe, a European health insurance card or CEAM is sufficient. While a stay in the rest of the World requires the following insurance:
- Civil Liability Abroad
- Sickness/repatriation assistance
- Trip Modification/Cancellation Guarantee
- Flight/loss of baggage and valuables