Are you a fan of deco and recycling? Wooden apple boxes are ideal for the upcycling trend. The apple box lends itself particularly well to the manufacture of trendy furniture of all kinds, including the wooden coffee table, which is essential in an apartment.
Read also : Flowering succulents
- Wooden crates: practical and aesthetic
- What to do with your wooden crates Make your coffee table with wooden
- Aesthetics of your coffee table in wooden crate
- Steps of making a table made of wooden
- crates For more DIY handymen of you
- Steps to make your home coffee table
Plan de l'article
Wooden crates: practical and aesthetic
The apple crate is a sturdy and sturdy wooden crate. It is particularly sought after in France for its aesthetic side and the possibility of transforming it into bohemian recycling furniture .
These wooden boxes are available in several sizes, of vary- or lesser capacity. The standard format of a wooden apple box is usuallyabout fifty centimeters in length for the larger ones , by about thirty centimeters in width.
See also : How to get to the end of bedbugs ?
What to do with your wooden crates
With wooden crates, just as with wooden pallets, it is possible to make shelves, a bookcase, but also a coffee table. This is our focus today: the coffee table in wooden crate , the must of decoration in France today.
You picked up boxes of wood for the transport of apples? Do not throw them away, they are sought in France on flea markets for their robustness. It is better to rehabilitate them by cleaning them and turn them into furniture (coffee table or shelf) rather than throw them away.
Making his coffee table with wooden crates
This is the decoration idea of the year: we explain how to make your coffee table with wooden crates formerly used for apples. Each wooden crate must be clean, cleaned and sanded before assembly.
For your coffee table, you will probably need 4 crates of apple wood . Obviously try to find a single dimension of wooden crate, so that your coffee table is harmonious and symmetrical.
Aesthetics of your coffee table in wooden crate
The purpose of your DIY coffee table made of wooden crates is to stick to assembly and serve daily in your living room. Cagettes or wooden crates are arranged laterally. They follow each other clockwise or clockwise reverse.
Your coffee table will then serve on its upper part, but can also serve as storage on its 4 sides, for your magazines and mail.
Stages of making a table made of wooden crates
Among the DIY ideas, the wooden crate transformed into a coffee table is a classic that makes emulates. Ideal for a first apartment or for a design decoration, the square coffee table in wooden box is timeless.
For the most DIY handymen of you
- Provide flat head anti-splitting screws for wood;
- Have a screwdriver;
- Prepare your wooden crates: cleaning, sanding, dust removal;
- Buy brake casters;
- Provide 4 reinforcing slats for the contour of the coffee table.
Before you start, check that the blades of each wooden crate are securely fixed. Otherwise, Reattach them with suitable screws or with thin nails.
The steps to make your home coffee table
- Arrange 2 wooden crates next to each other;
- The purpose is to leave a square in the center;
- Attach the two crates together with flat-head anti-splitting screws;
- The screws must be less than the thickness of the 2 blades joined together;
- Repeat the assembly operation until you have your coffee table structure;
- Attach the wooden reinforcement slats to the contours of your coffee table;
- Attach the brake casters;
- Stain or paint finishes: your furniture is ready!